SEARCH FOR NEW PROGRAMS FOR THE 2018 – 2019 SEASON
You can find the application form below - but read this first!
Konserttikeskus (Concert Centre Finland) is the leading organizer of school and preschool concerts in Finland. We arrange annually 1200-1700 concerts and music workshops across the country in cooperation with local organizers.
You can apply to be part of the Konserttikeskus selection of concerts for the school year 2018-2019 (autumn 2018 - spring 2019) by using the form on this page, see below.
The new programs (normally 10-15 per season) are selected by a program committee consisting currently of the following persons:
- Reijo Aittakumpu, music teacher
- Timo Lehtovaara, music teacher, choral conductor, musician
- Eeva-Leena Pokela, lecturer in music education, musician
- Aija Puurtinen, musician, music pedagogue, PhD
- Satu Sopanen, music pedagogue, musician
- Riikka Talvitie, composer
Music must have a dominant role in our concert programs. It should also be noted that most of the concerts take place in lower secondary schools (1st to 6th grade) with performing groups of 2-4 persons.
We normally arrange 3 concerts a day. The fees vary depending on the number of performers:
Fee/performer (€) for the season 2017-18
Performers 1 concert 1 day=3 concerts
1 163,50 490,50
2 130,80 392,40
3 110,09 330,27
4 104,64 313,92
5 100,06 300,19
Travels and accommodation as well as Finnish daily allowances are paid in addition.
HOW TO APPLY
The deadline is 4 pm Finnish time on 30 November 2017.
Application must contain:
- names, instruments and places of domicile of the performers (maximum group size 5 persons)
- description of the program and its music
- grades/age groups the concert is intended for
- video (e.g. on YouTube or Vimeo)
The attachments for the application:
- The video plays a decisive role in the selection process. The length of the video recording should be about 3-5 minutes, for example a compilation of different parts of the production, where all the performers appear. The video should show the skills of the performers including compering and interaction, the basic character of the concert and the music to be presented, shot preferably in an actual concert venue which in most cases in our tours is a school’s sports/gym hall. However, professional video quality is not necessary.
Please insert the link to the video in the “Other Information” field of this form.
Supplements to the electronic application can be sent to the address firstname.lastname@example.org attached to an email message. The title of this message should be the name of the program. It is possible to send up to two MP3 files.